Coastal Arabians  - & Equine Rescue Inc.
RSS

Recent Posts

Monday
RescueMe 2

Categories

Daily events
Getting Started
powered by

My Blog

Monday

The day isn't over but I'm taking a break from feeding/chores.
Last night Chaps our rescue barn dog killed at least his second cat. I had suspected him but didn't have proof!
We also rescue cats and mostly feral and socialized kittens. Barn cats get the run of the property and social cats come in/ out the house and the dog arrived in Nov 2014.
His rules were to be good with my toddler, good with horses and good with cats.
He is a pit bull mix most likely Rottweiler as second breed. Dumped in the country. He was not neutered and about six months old. He became our dog.
Last night was not a single situation. I feel so bad. I make a round to check the animals and feed cats again about 9pm. Gather my house cats that evade me earlier and then let dog out to pee.
A horrible cat scream happens and I run out with flash light to find a feral male hunkered down in bushes at side of house.
Chaps is looking shameful and I send him in to his bed.
Damn this isn't good.
After an hour I get the poor wounded cat in crate. Mind you it was with a blanket and leather gloves and a cardboard box. In Nov 2015 poor TJ a socialized feral kitten was attacked and died within the hour. Before that Wild thing had been attacked and with surgery survived. Then Stripes again attacked and with vet survived.
I couldn't get a good look at this cat. I put crate in cage with towels and heating pad and all the house cats and I sat close.
Poor thing moaned and breathed hard for an hour more and then he was gone.
I covered the cage with a blanket and went to bed about midnight.
Today I showed the dog the dead cat and scolded him, bad dog. Chaps cowered and if I were my grandmother she would have tied the dead cat to the dog. But I have a toddler. Meanwhile I dig a hole and bury the cat.
I'm mad at the dog.

12 Comments to Monday :

Comments RSS
online essay on Sunday, November 20, 2016 8:35 PM
It is my first visit to this site; I am visiting this website and read your post such as meaningful and helpful blog post .I take much information from here.
Reply to comment

best resume review on Sunday, July 22, 2018 9:24 PM
It is such a shame that those poor kittens had to suffer by the paws of your dog. I also have a dog on my own, but never did I experience this except when he killed a mouse. I think that it would be best to take him to a vet and find out if there is a problem with him. Some dogs who chase and kill cats will also kill many smaller animals who move quickly. You should do something about this, otherwise, there would be another victim.

CEWQ on Friday, April 14, 2017 5:46 AM
The more perspectives you get in your YouTube video http://views-great.com/ the higher of a possibility you've in getting recognitio or more leads
Reply to comment

best automatic cat feeder 2017 on Friday, October 27, 2017 12:42 AM
A very impressive article. Well prepared and Very motivating. Thanks for such a post. Well! A second I want to take to talk about your pet. If you have a cat in you house and you have to spend a very busy day, you should buy a automatic feeder for your cat to feed it at time. Visit us to know the best automatic cat feeder 2017.
Reply to comment

uk assignment on Thursday, January 04, 2018 11:49 PM
This caerinc blog always giving us about rescue me 2,very helpful and useful for all,thanks for updating. Better followers changes each day with high connecting points and tips with great info.
Reply to comment

www.essayprime.co.uk on Thursday, January 04, 2018 11:49 PM
That's funny. I always thought motivating writers was like herding cattle, but although I live in Wyoming, I know little about the subject other than what I learned years ago in a high school western history class.
Reply to comment

Justice League Jacket on Thursday, January 04, 2018 11:49 PM
Concrete and weak aggregates organic or other impurities or weaknesses are present in your aggregates.The great job,truck number of other impurities in aggregates that can qualities of concrete.
Reply to comment

Hodges on Monday, April 30, 2018 2:41 AM
An amazing blog! What writing skills you have, must say I am real impressed by your work and appreciate it.
Reply to comment

Essay Champ on Friday, May 11, 2018 4:58 AM
Aaahhh, relaxing after a hard day of working sure is the most underrated pleasure of all things.
Reply to comment

can someone do my essay on Friday, May 11, 2018 5:46 AM
i need a picture of where they are for my hw, and so i have a picture on paint and i'm going to circle the coastal plains, but i need to know where they are to be able to circle them.
Reply to comment

monika on Monday, June 18, 2018 11:40 PM
We really appreciate the kind of topics you post here and best work you have done, keep it up.3 part carbonless forms in detail
Reply to comment